Anyone who has ever experienced nasal congestion with sinus pain know how the pressure and fullness can feel. Sinus pain can be a sign of a condition that requires attention from an ear, nose, and throat professional. At Daneshrad Clinic in California, patients can visit with our board-certified orolaryngologist to discuss their needs, especially when dealing with chronic sinus pain and congestion.
What are the symptoms of sinus pain or nasal congestion?
There are many signs that patients may have a chronic condition that needs attention. Some of the more common symptoms include:
- Swelling around one or both eyes
- Pain, pressure, or sensation of fullness on the face over the sinuses
- Pain behind the eye, above the eyebrow, or under the cheekbone
- Postnasal drip or nasal discharge
- Stuffy, blocked nose or discharge
- Chronic bad breath
- Mouth breathing (due to inability to breathe through the nose)
- Mild sore throat/dryness/throat clearing
What are the common causes of sinus congestion and pain?
If you are dealing with the above symptoms, you may be looking for immediate relief. Before a treatment recommendation can be made by Dr. Payam Daneshrad, patients in the Santa Monica and Torrance, CA area, the doctor will have to determine the exact cause of the problem. Some of the more common reasons why sinus pain and congestion develops is due to:
- Viral sinus infection. A virus sinus infection is part of the common cold and can affect the lining of the nose and the sinuses.
- Bacterial sinus infection. In approximately 5% of colds, patients might experience a bacterial sinus infection, where patients may develop a fever, swelling, and thick nasal secretions.
- Allergic sinus reaction. Patients who have nasal allergies, such as those allergic to pollen, may experience nasal discharge, itchy nose, and sneezing that is related to exposure.
Are you struggling with sinus pain and congestion?
Patients of the Santa Monica and Torrance, CA area who are interested in learning more about the cause of their stuffy nose and sinus pain are encouraged to visit a doctor such as an ENT (ear, nose, throat) professional. Call (310) 453-6500 to book a consultation appointment and initial evaluation with the team at the Daneshrad Clinic. Dr. Payam Daneshrad is a board-certified orolaryngologist in the community who accepts new and established patients in his clinic.